Wednesday, July 13, 2011

NEWS FLASH FROM MOM'S HOUSE: FREERIDE DEAD SAYS PEACOCK AND HOPKINS

I  haven't posted for awhile because I have been on the summer visiting tour. Marjorie and I made stops in  Seattle(REI and Costco) to visit her sister, and Vancouver(MEC, Skis and Bikes my favorite ski boot shop, and of course Wiesach Motors to shop for Porsches) to visit her Mom. I am presently sitting at Mom's, after 2 days of chauffeur duty  and picture hanging, accessing the internet from an 89 year old lady's apartment.

 Now it is really amazing to me that the internet is even available in this abode, and on top of that the occupant really knows how to use it. Only one thing is amiss, said occupant uses nary a one wireless device and has no wireless service.   Had to spend a bit of time convincing the HP to talk to her modem(no router) through an Ethernet cable but I finally got on the information super single-track. Never thought Facebook would be my first stop on a computational device but that is where I went and tripped over a message that Freeride was dead. Couldn't be. Chase that link.

Turns out to be two ex-students of mine doing what they love, riding and filming, and acting of course. Very entertaining and the bikesmanship and cinematography ain't bad either. Nice job David Peacock and Mike Hopkins. Check out this link http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Freerides-Dead-Hopkins-Peacock-Bury-It-video-2011.html

 If freeride is dead then some strange offspring  of it is definitely being born, and it is great to watch and dream about even coming close to doing just some of what you see in the movies. Thanks Dave and Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment